There are many times when you should be asking yourself, “Why do I hurt?” Maybe you fell off your bicycle or skateboard. Your dog might have jerked on its leash while you were taking a walk and tweaked your shoulder. However, most people shouldn’t be asking this question after a normal workout. If you are wondering why you’re hurting after a workout that’s normal for you, virtual physical therapy may be able to help you.
Why do you hurt?
There are some factors that could be the reason you’re in pain after a normal workout. A few of these factors include:
- Muscle imbalances.
- Poor stretching technique.
- Poor exercise form.
- Untreated musculoskeletal injuries.
- Not warming up before workout sessions.
- Pushing yourself too hard.
What can virtual PT do to help?
There are many steps that virtual physical therapists can take if you hurt after one of your normal weekday or weekend workouts. Some of these steps include:
- Diagnosing issues with movement analysis — One reason many virtual physical therapy sessions are done via video is so that the physical therapist can see how you move. One formal name for this is movement screening. It can help your physical therapist to identify issues like decreased joint mobility and muscle imbalances. Both of these problems can lead to pain during even a light workout.
- Showing you strengthening and stretching exercises — The video feed is also useful when your physical therapist wants to show you a therapeutic exercise that can help ease your pain. They can create a program of such exercises that is unique to your needs. Additionally, your physical therapist can watch as you do the exercises. This allows them to offer advice about things like your form.
- Educating you on proper techniques and form — Your physical therapist may also be able to demonstrate proper stretching or exercise techniques. They may even be able to show you the proper form for the exercises you commonly perform during a workout.
- Helping you improve your fitness level with less pain — Improving your fitness level shouldn’t be why you hurt. That’s why virtual physical therapists are dedicated to helping people avoid issues that can cause pain in the future, such as:
Find out why you hurt after a normal workout and get help with your pain at Agile Virtual PT
Not sure why you hurt after a workout you do all the time? Our licensed clinicians at Agile Virtual PT can help you find the reason for your pain. They can do a free virtual screening designed to help pinpoint the source of your pain, and they can then build you a personalized plan intended to decrease your pain and prevent its return.
Contact our team today for more information about how we can assist with workout-related pain or to schedule an initial appointment with one of our virtual clinicians.