Not sure what telehealth physical therapy is? That’s OK! This type of physical therapy is fairly new, but it can be very helpful for many different types of people.
Telehealth physical therapy is also often called virtual PT or telePT. It involves working with a certified physical therapist remotely, and your sessions take place over a secure online video link. The best way to find out more about this type of therapeutic care is to talk with physical therapists who provide it. These specialists can help you learn what is involved in setting up a telehealth physical therapy session. They can also reveal some basic steps that will likely be included in your session.
What is involved in getting set up for a telehealth physical therapy appointment?
There are some basic steps that you’ll need to go through to get set up for your telePT sessions. These steps include:
- Making your appointment — Most virtual PT appointments are set up either by calling your provider or by signing up online at the provider’s website.
- Open your appointment email — Once your appointment has been made, your provider will send you a confirmation email. This email should include a link to your appointment, and it can also include online forms to fill out and return either before or during your session.
- Check your tech — Before starting your session, you’ll want to make sure the technology you’re planning to use is operating properly. This means checking that your camera and microphone are working. You might also want to check the confirmation email for information about device setting or specifications.
- Signing in early — Most virtual appointments can be accessed at least five minutes in advance. This means it’s OK to sign in early. Signing in early also allows you to confirm that your device is working properly and gives you time to contact your telePT provider if there’s a problem.
What is your physical therapist going to do to help you during your telehealth physical therapy session?
Working with a telehealth physical therapist isn’t that different from working with a therapist in person. Your physical therapist will do things to help you that can include:
- Asking you questions about your condition.
- Reviewing your medical history.
- Inquiring about your symptoms.
- Having you perform some movement and mobility tests.
- Diagnosing the source of your symptoms.
- Educating you about your condition.
- Creating a personalized therapy plan to address your condition.
Agile Virtual PT is ready to help you find effective telehealth physical therapy
Ready to experience what is possible with telehealth physical therapy? Our team at Agile Virtual PT is here to help you get effective physical therapy virtually. Our therapists are all experienced and fully licensed, and you can get help from the same physical therapist during every virtual session.
Contact our team today for more information about our virtual PT services or to schedule an initial appointment.