There are many people who can benefit from telehealth physical therapy. However, not everyone is familiar with this type of therapeutic care.
Also called telePT or virtual care, telehealth physical therapy is an online-based service. It typically works through an app or website, and this type of therapy is performed over a secure online video connection. Virtual care is a popular notion among Americans; in fact, a study reports that 78% of the Americans surveyed were willing to receive care virtually. There are many telehealth services that physical therapists can offer, but there are three in particular that many people may be interested in, especially if you suffer from constant lower back pain
Physical therapists can provide these three telehealth services for lower back pain
You’ll find that virtual PT specialists can provide many of the same services you’d find outside of the telehealth sphere. Some of these services include:
- Chronic condition treatment — Chronic conditions are typically defined as issues that last over one year. They also tend to require ongoing medical care, limit daily activities or both. Virtual care allows physical therapists to help patients treat many chronic conditions that affect your back. Some of the conditions your specialist can assist with include:
- Strains and sprains
- Herniated discs
- Degenerative disc disease (DDD)
- Spinal stenosis
- Pre- or post-surgical care — Surgeries can take a while to recover from. While doctors usually try to treat back pain with nonsurgical means, sometimes surgery is the only option.
Virtual PT can be useful for patients who need pre- or post-surgical care. It can help improve the quality and speed of recovery while reducing pain and tension.
- Geriatric physical therapy — As the body grows older, it’s often more susceptible to chronic issues, like osteoarthritis. This type of arthritis occurs when the joints wear out over time. Older patients with chronic conditions like this often have difficulty getting around. This can make doing regular in-person therapy appointments a real chore.
However, having regular virtual care sessions can save older people a lot of time. After all, you don’t have to drive anywhere. These sessions can also help you address the pain of chronic issues effectively; it’s reported that 93% of patients had reduced pain after telePT.
Find top-notch telehealth physical therapy services for back pain at Agile Virtual PT
Are you in need of one of the three services discussed above? If you are, our Agile Virtual PT team is ready to help you find the effective telehealth physical therapy services you need. Our specialists are experienced at treating a wide array of issues that may affect your back. Continuity of care is important to us; therefore, you will work with the same therapist for your entire course of treatment. They can also assist you with other issues such as:
- Chronic conditions
- Neck pain
- Elbow, wrist and hand problems
- Hip and knee issues
- Ankle and foot conditions
Contact our team today for more information about all the services we offer or to schedule an initial appointment.