If you’re asking how you’re able to get online physical therapy treatment, the answer is the power of technology. After all, this service, which is also called virtual PT, is possible thanks to the capabilities of the internet, online video technology and computers/smart devices.
For those who are asking this question to determine how your online physical therapy treatment session will progress, the answer is a bit different. Each session will vary slightly. This variety is a result of the session being tailored to individuals and the condition they have. Yet there are certain steps that you can expect during a session of online physical therapy treatment.
Three steps your session of online physical therapy treatment may include
The goals of an online physical therapy session are similar to those of an in-person session. Your physical therapist will be trying to reduce your pain and improve your ability to move. A few steps that your virtual PT treatment sessions may include to work toward these goals include:
- Diagnosis/check-in — During your initial virtual PT session, the physical therapist will take some time to find out as much as they can about your issue. This information can help them diagnose the source of your symptoms. In later sessions, your therapist may take some time to check in with you at the start of the session. This could include asking you questions about:
- Your pain levels.
- Your flexibility.
- Any things they’ve asked you to do between sessions, such as therapeutic exercises.
- Treatment — The next step in your virtual PT session will typically be doing that day’s treatment. This may include your therapist walking you through some stretching or strengthening exercises. They may also show you how to perform some soft tissue mobilization movements on the affected area(s). In addition, they may talk to you about changes that you can make in your daily routine that can help you recover faster.
- Wrap-up — In the last few minutes of your appointment, your physical therapist may take some time to review what you’ve done during your session. This is also a good time to ask any final questions that you have about your treatment or condition. Your therapist may ask you to take a survey to let them know how your session went, and they may also have you sign up for your next appointment.
Agile Virtual PT offers online physical therapy treatment for many conditions
Searching for effective online physical therapy treatment? Our Agile Virtual PT team is primed to help you get the top-notch virtual PT you’re looking for. We’re currently licensed to operate in 36 U.S. states, and our team includes more than 400 expert clinicians. Additionally, we’re committed to helping you get benefits that include:
- One-on-one virtual sessions with a physical therapist.
- The ability to work with the same therapist in every appointment.
- A 60% improvement in scheduling times compared to in-person sessions.
- Reducing your costs by 47% per episode of care.
You can even sign up for a free online screening with us to find out if virtual physical therapy is right for you.
Contact our team today for more information about all the ways we can help you or to schedule an initial appointment.