Many people have recently been trying to find ways to avoid leaving home if at all possible. Yet you might not see how you can avoid leaving home if you need physical therapy. Luckily, there is a solution that may be able to help you.
There is a type of physical therapy that you can do online; this type of PT is called virtual physical therapy. Virtual PT takes place over a secure internet-based video link. It allows you to get help from a licensed physical therapist for many types of aches and pains. However, there are some steps you can take to prepare for your online physical therapy appointment to help it go more smoothly.
Taking these four steps can help ensure a smoother online physical therapy session
You can lay the groundwork for a smoother online physical therapy session by taking a few steps, which include:
- Filling out forms — An initial online physical therapy visit typically involves filling out some forms, and initial virtual PT sessions are no different. Often, you’ll be sent these forms before your appointment via email. Filling out these forms prior to your appointment allows you and your physical therapist to spend more time treating your condition. It also gives you time to ask any questions you have about the forms or the information required.
- Checking out the program you’ll be using — People are typically more comfortable with things that are familiar to them. You can develop this comfort with virtual PT by browsing through the app or website you’ll be using for your appointment. This can help you get the lay of the land, and it can help boost your comfort level on appointment day. The increased familiarity can help you spend less time getting set up on appointment day, too.
- Choosing the space for your appointment — Virtual physical therapy sessions often require that you move around, so you’ll need a space that’s big enough to accommodate your movements. The space you choose should also be well lit. You’ll also need a place to set your laptop or smart device so that the physical therapist can see you clearly. In addition, you should try to pick a space that’s free from distractions and clutter.
- Getting your device ready — The device you use for a virtual PT session requires several things. It will need to have:
- A working camera
- A microphone
You should check to make sure that all these features are working properly before your session starts. Additionally, you should make sure you’ve downloaded any software or apps that your session will require well before your appointment begins. If you’re not sure what you need to do to get your device ready, it’s a good idea to contact your virtual PT provider.
Find top-notch online physical therapy at Agile Virtual PT
Are you ready to find online physical therapy that can help your aches and pains? Our team at Agile Virtual PT is just the one you’re looking for — 93% of patients who used our services had a decrease in their pain. Our virtual PT platform is staffed by more than 400 licensed clinicians. We’re also working to offer you benefits such as:
- A 47% decrease in costs per episode of care.
- 60% faster scheduling than in-person visits.
- The ability to work with the same therapist during every session.
Contact our team today for more information about how we can help you or to schedule an initial appointment.