It can be hard to know what to look for in any new medical provider, but this is especially true for people who are searching for a virtual physical therapy provider.
Virtual physical therapy is also referred to as virtual PT or tele PT, and many people didn’t know much about it until the COVID-19 pandemic happened. One study found that 11% of Americans used a telehealth service in 2019. The study also reports that in 2020, that percentage rocketed up to 46%. If you’re looking for a virtual physical therapy provider to meet your PT needs, there are several important things that you should be looking for.
Three factors to look for in a virtual physical therapy provider
Picking the right virtual physical therapy provider can be a daunting challenge. For one thing, you may not know what makes one provider a better option than another. There are also a growing number of providers that offer tele PT. Some of the things that you should look for when choosing a tele PT provider are:
- Licensed clinicians — Don’t fall into a trap by choosing a virtual PT provider that isn’t staffed with certified physical therapists. Check the provider’s website for information about the licensure of their clinicians.
- Appointment wait times — A tele PT provider that can see you sooner rather than later is an important consideration. After all, you don’t want to end up waiting weeks or months to meet with someone about your pain. Fortunately, some providers can help you get 60% faster scheduling than you could for an in-person PT appointment.
- An ability to decrease pain — Pain is a common reason that people go looking for virtual PT in the first place. Before you choose a provider for this service, you should make sure they have proven ability to reduce pain. A study by one provider found that 93% of their patients had less pain after their virtual PT sessions.
Agile Virtual PT is a virtual physical therapy provider you should check out
Searching for a top-notch virtual physical therapy provider? Agile Virtual PT is a provider that can help you get the high-quality tele PT that you’re looking for. Our team works hard to hit each of the three points made above, and we also have a lot more points in our favor, including:
- Being certified to operate in 40 states.
- Helping people reduce costs by 47% per episode of care.
- A national promoter score (NPS®) of 86.
- Allowing you to work with clinicians one-on-one.
- Allowing you to work with the same clinician during your entire course of care.
Even better, you can do a free online screening with us to learn if we’re the right choice for your needs.
Contact our team today for more information about the services we offer or to schedule an initial appointment to start treating your pain.