Are you a student involved in one or more sports? If so, you’re likely no stranger to sports injuries. According to one study, they’re a relatively common type of injury to experience, affecting about 91% of collegiate athletes. Treatment for sports injuries can vary, ranging from surgery to ice therapy. However, for many reasons, virtual physical therapy is one type of treatment that can effectively treat sport injuries. Virtual PT offers many of the same benefits as in-person physical therapy, plus a few more unique advantages. Learn more about why virtual physical therapy should be the go-to for student-athletes needing injury rehab.
What are some of the most common sport-related injuries that virtual physical therapists treat?
Virtual physical therapists treat student-athletes all the time. Don’t believe us? Check out some of the most common sports-related injuries that our virtual physical therapists encounter every day:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) sprains and tears.
- Tennis or golfer’s elbow.
- Repetitive stress injuries.
- Achilles tendinitis.
Why should student-athletes choose virtual PT to rehab their injuries?
There are many reasons why student-athletes should look to a virtual physical therapist for injury rehab. These are just a few:
- Address pain points — Virtual PT can be a great option for student-athletes recovering from their injuries because it effectively addresses the cause of pain. Whether your pain is directly or indirectly related to your injury, you can remain confident that a virtual specialist can identify and treat it.
- Receive a customized treatment plan — Student-athletes should choose virtual physical therapy to rehabilitate their injuries because they can receive a customized treatment plan that they can implement in their own space. Their treatment won’t require transportation to a clinic or PT location. Rather, treatment can be carried out from the comfort of the student-athlete’s own room or athletic facility.
- Improve strength, mobility and agility — Virtual physical therapists can improve their patient’s strength, mobility and agility from home. Patients can perform movements and exercises over the phone, on a tablet, or via computer. A virtual physical therapist knows how to use creative exercises to improve an injury’s condition and utilize whatever instruments or tools the patient has nearby for optimal results. They can provide rehabilitative services to injured athletes and improve sports performance simultaneously. Virtual PT specialists understand how important it is to quickly return to play without losing strength, mobility and agility.
- Learn how to avoid re-injury — Virtual physical therapy providers are uniquely positioned to help student-athletes avoid aggravating their injury or becoming re-injured. A virtual physical therapist can gain visual access into their patient’s life. PTs can use this access to determine how to adjust their patient’s environment to avoid further injury. For example, a virtual PT specialist can look at a patient’s bedroom or dorm room and determine if the furniture layout could get in the way of recovery.
- Receive convenient, professional treatment — Student-athletes often have to juggle busy schedules. Between classes, studying, practices, games and social life, there isn’t much time left over to rehabilitate an injury. Especially if that rehabilitation requires in-person visits to a PT clinic. Fortunately, virtual PT can help. It can provide student-athletes with professional rehabilitative care from their bedroom or dorm room.
Why is Agile Virtual Physical Therapy the right choice for student-athletes with injuries?
Attending in-person physical therapy sessions can be challenging. Especially if you’re a student-athlete managing a busy schedule. At Agile Virtual Physical Therapy, we also know that it’s not an easy commitment to make it to regular in-person PT sessions. Considering the time it takes to drive to sessions and back, the length of the sessions, and other factors, in-person physical therapy care isn’t always ideal. Lucky for you, there’s an alternative. Virtual physical therapy is just as effective as in-person therapy. You don’t have to sacrifice your busy schedule to experience the benefits of PT when you choose virtual rehabilitation with us
Virtual PT can be done from the convenience of your own home. It requires nothing other than a stable internet connection and a device with a video camera. You’ll be able to meet with a qualified physical therapist. They’ll lead you through each session from the comfort of your very own home. The at-home care you need is only a click away.
Agile Virtual Physical Therapy offers more than 400 licensed clinicians. We provide services in 45 U.S. states and free virtual screenings.
Contact our team today for more information or to schedule an initial appointment.