The pain, swelling and other symptoms of knee injuries can make them problematic in the short term. However, such injuries can become a long-term problem if they aren’t treated properly.
One group of medical professionals you can turn to for effective knee treatment is physical therapists. These specialists are trained to identify and treat many musculoskeletal conditions that can affect your knees. Many physical therapists can even help you virtually. This means they can meet with you via a secure online video feed, and there are many reasons why using virtual physical therapy for your knee injuries is a good idea.
Three reasons you should use virtual PT for treating your knee injuries
- It can treat many knee issues — There are a slew of ways that your knee can be injured. Physical therapists are well aware of this, and they work hard to ensure that the virtual PT they offer can help people with many different knee problems. A few of the issues that virtual PT can help you with include:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries.
- Patellofemoral syndrome (runner’s knee).
- Meniscus tears.
- Knee bursitis.
- Patellar tendinitis.
2. It can effectively reduce pain — Reducing pain is a key goal of virtual PT. There is lots of evidence that this service can help patients meet this goal, too. One medical study on knee pain reports that participants reported a 68.5% decrease in their pain. In addition, data from one provider shows that 93% of patients felt less pain after their virtual PT.
3. It tends to take less out of your wallet — Many people are looking for medical services that are both effective and easier on their budget. Virtual PT fits both of these qualifications. For instance, one medical study on patients who just had knee surgery illustrates how cost effective virtual PT can be. This study reveals that the average PT costs were $2,745 lower for patients who used virtual PT.
Find top-notch virtual PT for your knee at Agile Virtual PT
Keen to find effective virtual PT for your knee injury? Our extensive team at Agile Virtual PT is ready and willing to help you address such an injury. Our team includes more than 400 licensed clinicians who are certified to operate in 41 U.S. states. Even better, we can easily get you started with virtual PT thanks to our free virtual screenings.
Contact our team today for more information about the knee issues we can help you treat or to schedule an initial virtual appointment.