Do you often feel pain in your lower back? Does the pain tend to be worse when you first wake up in the morning? If you answered yes to both of these questions, you should consider seeking help from a virtual physical therapist.
Lower back pain is one of the most common disabling conditions that Americans experience; medical research suggests that up to 45% of people in the U.S. experience lower back pain annually. Having pain in your lower back can make working, walking and other normal daily activities harder. Virtual physical therapy can offer help for people who have lower back pain in the morning.
Three ways a virtual physical therapist can help people with lower back pain in the morning
Virtual physical therapy is known by many other names. Some call it telerehab, and others refer to it as telePT. However, all these terms refer to a physical therapy session that takes place using technology. Typically, such sessions involve working with a therapist over a secure online video link. Three ways that a virtual physical therapist can help with the lower back pain you feel in the morning are:
- Pinpointing the cause — Lower back pain that’s worse when you wake up could be caused by several issues. For instance, the position you’re sleeping in could be causing your pain. Conditions like fibromyalgia, facet joint osteoarthritis and sciatica could also cause this type of pain. Your virtual therapist can evaluate your movement and symptoms to determine the issue that’s causing your pain.
- Educating you about your condition — People who know something about the condition causing their pain can be more active in their treatment process. This is why your therapist will seek to educate you about your lower back condition. They’ll also prompt you to ask questions about your condition, symptoms and any movements you have difficulty doing.
- Treating your pain — Virtual physical therapists can take several steps to help treat your lower back pain. First, they’ll build you a therapy plan that’s specific to your needs. Next, they can continue to work with you virtually until the end of your recovery process. Some of the treatment techniques your therapist could include in your recovery plan are:
- Therapeutic stretching and strengthening exercises
- Icing and heating
- Self-mobilization techniques
Agile Virtual PT can help people with lower back pain that occurs in the morning
Ready to start treating your lower back pain that occurs in the morning? Our Agile Virtual PT team is primed to help you find the effective treatment you need. Our therapists can evaluate you to determine the source of your back pain. We’re also adept at building individualized therapy plans designed to reduce back pain and prevent it from recurring. Some other benefits our plans offer include:
- Easier access to physical therapy
- Greater convenience
- Lower therapy costs
Contact our team today for more information about all the services we offer or to schedule your initial virtual appointment.