Did you ever stop and think about how often you move your wrists every day? On a normal day, the answer to this question is probably no, but you may be completely aware of every wrist movement on a day when you’re experiencing wrist pain.
The wrist is a complex joint, and its complexity is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it allows you to bend, twist and flex your hand. On the other hand, its complexity means it’s more likely to be injured. A medical study on wrist pain reveals that 10% of the people surveyed had experienced wrist pain within the past week.
Virtual physical therapy can be an effective option for treating wrist pain. The reason? There are several, but one important reason is that virtual PT can address many of the issues that cause wrist pain.
Virtual physical therapy for wrist pain can treat these five wrist issues:
- Tendinitis —This condition typically happens when you move your wrist repetitively for long periods of time. These movements trigger tendinitis, which is when your wrist tendons become inflamed.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome — Inflammation of wrist soft tissue can lead to irritation or pinching of the median nerve in your wrist. When this happens, you have carpal tunnel syndrome. Repetitive movements like typing and using vibrating tools for work tasks can both cause this condition.
- Fractures — There are eight bones that make up the wrist, and these bones are called carpal bones. Falling and catching yourself on your hands can cause a carpal bone fracture. An impact to your wrist can also cause a fracture in one of these bones.
- Strains — The tendons in your wrist can also be strained. This means that they’re overstretched or slightly torn, and such injuries often happen while playing contact sports or during physical work tasks.
- Osteoarthritis — Osteoarthritis is something many people associate with their knees or hips, but this form of age-related wear and tear and inflammation can also affect the wrists. Pain, swelling and decreased range of motion are all common symptoms of wrist osteoarthritis.
Looking for virtual physical therapy for wrist pain? Agile Virtual PT can help
Finding virtual physical therapy for your wrist pain is easier than ever thanks to Agile Virtual PT. Our team includes over 400 licensed clinicians who can help assess and treat your wrist. We can determine the source of your pain via a free virtual screening. Our specialists can then develop a treatment plan that’s customized to your needs.
Contact our team today for more information about our wrist pain treatment services or to schedule your initial appointment.