Are you struggling to manage various aches and pains that just won’t go away? We can help! Physical therapy is a great way for you to gain control over your chronic pain. With the emergence of COVID-19, virtual physical therapy has become a successful treatment alternative to in-person physical therapy. If you’re wondering why, we’ve got the answers.
What are the benefits of virtual physical therapy for chronic aches and pains?
- Increased accessibility — Telehealth appointments can cut out many of the obstacles that come with in-person visits. You no longer have to worry about things like child care and transportation costs.
- Adherence to exercises — Studies show that home-based exercise plans are more likely to be consistently followed than exercise plans that are centered on a gym or workout facility.
- Lessened risk of exposure to COVID-19 — One of the many benefits of tele PT is that there is less of a risk of exposure to COVID-19. When a patient chooses to stay at home and meet with their physical therapist, their risk of exposure is significantly decreased.
- Affordability — Tele physical therapy appointments are typically covered by insurance providers just as in-person appointments are. Virtual physical therapy tends to be similar in cost to in-person physical therapy, and in some cases it can cost less than in-person PT. However, it would be best to consult with your insurance company before deciding on tele PT.
What do you need for a successful virtual physical therapy appointment?
- Stable internet connection — Internet connection is an important requirement for any virtual meeting. Make sure your internet connection isn’t going to go out in the middle of an appointment!
- Good lighting — It may be best to position your computer or phone near a window or bright light. Good lighting will help your physical therapist to see you better during the appointment.
- Open space — You will need plenty of space to spread out and move around during your appointment. Your therapist will likely want to see how you move in order to help evaluate your needs!
If you need help managing your pesky aches and pains, it might be worth trying a tele physical therapy appointment with Agile Virtual Physical Therapy. We create plans that are customized to your individual health needs.
Contact our team today for more information or to schedule an initial appointment.