Are you experiencing hip pain during your pregnancy? Are you considering consulting a physical therapist to help relieve some of your pain? Physical therapy is a smart option for those wishing to alleviate pain over time. Virtual physical therapy can be especially helpful for managing pain in cases like this.
How normal is it to experience hip pain during a pregnancy?
If you’re managing pain in your hips due to your pregnancy, don’t fret! You’re not alone. This kind of pain is very common for pregnant women. Most women experience this during their second and third trimesters, but it could happen during the first trimester. According to one study, around 32% of women experience this type of pain during their pregnancies.
Why are pregnant women prone to hip pain?
- Hormones — Hip pain during pregnancy could be caused by hormones that soften connective tissue in the body. These, in turn, could loosen ligaments and joints in your hips. The hormones that loosen these parts of your body are meant to increase flexibility for greater birthing ease.
- Altered posture — You might experience changes to your posture during your pregnancy because of the growing weight in your uterus.
- Sciatica — This condition occurs when your expanding uterus puts pressure on your sciatic nerve, which runs from your feet all the way to the base of your spine.
What are the benefits of using virtual physical therapy for my hip pain?
- Pain-relieving exercises — Using exercises that are designed to help strengthen muscles around ligaments and joints could be especially helpful in relieving pain.
- Reduced risk of COVID-19 exposure — Scheduling an appointment with a physical therapist virtually significantly reduces your risk of coming into contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Accessibility — Virtual physical therapy appointments create more ease of access for women who may experience reduced mobility due to pregnancy.
- Affordability — Virtual appointments are typically covered by insurance providers just as in-person appointments are.
Why choose Agile Virtual Physical Therapy?
Agile Virtual Physical Therapy can offer you the services of more than 400 clinicians, and each one is ready to potentially assist you on your physical therapy journey. At AVPT, we offer services in most states, and also offer free virtual screenings.
We’re dedicated to the health of our patients, and this includes women’s health. If you’re looking for a PT provider that is committed to ensuring your well-being, look no further.
Contact our team today for more information or to schedule an initial appointment.