Physical therapy can be beneficial for a variety of people. Whether you have recently suffered a traumatic injury, you obtained an injury years ago, or you’re dealing with a chronic condition, physical therapy can be useful for you.
Getting quality health care from a physical therapist can be an effective solution for a plethora of conditions. However, getting quality care from a physical therapist doesn’t have to be provided in person. Fortunately, there are virtual care options available.
Virtual physical therapy is pretty much exactly what it sounds like. It consists of a therapist providing health care services, but virtually. This means via the use of computers or electronic tablets. Virtual physical therapy provides added benefits for patients in need of care. Not only does it provide all the same benefits you’d normally receive from an in-office experience, but there are a few added advantages with virtual PT. To keep learning about why virtual PT could be a good choice for you and for a more in-depth look into the benefits, keep reading below.
Why should you look for virtual physical therapy solutions for your conditions?
- Improved safety of your home — If there are certain things at home that may pose a risk to your health or safety, a virtual physical therapist can assess your home environment to eliminate these. At the very least, they can inform you of any risks that may be present in your home. This allows you to take the necessary precautions to protect your physical health. For example, if you’re more at risk of falls, a virtual physical therapist may be able to alert you of any risks, like upturned rug corners that could easily cause you to trip and hurt yourself.
- Personalized, distraction-free care — Virtual physical therapy can provide you with individualized PT care solutions. They can limit the number of distractions that may affect in-person physical therapy visits. They also allow for both you and your care provider to remain focused and engaged almost exclusively on each other.
- Increased likelihood of at-home program success — Most patients who undergo a virtual physical therapy solution for their condition are more likely to stick to their prescribed at-home treatment programs. By showing patients the ease with which they can perform their exercises from their own home spaces, patients are more willing and able to continue their exercises between sessions.
What are some physical therapy solutions that virtual physical therapy can offer?
- Lower cost — One of the benefits of a virtual PT solution for the treatment of your condition is that it can provide quality care, typically at a lower financial cost. Getting physical therapy care can add up, especially if your care sessions aren’t covered by insurance. If you’re looking for a lower-cost PT solution, virtual physical therapy may be the better option for you. In one study from 2020, virtual PT was financially a better care solution for patients compared to traditional home and in-office sessions.
- Open communication with your therapist — Virtual physical therapy opens a whole web of communication with your physical therapist that might otherwise be limited to in-person encounters. When you consult with a virtual therapist, you can easily send them emails, text messages, or other forms of messaging to quickly communicate with your care provider when you need to. If you find yourself wanting to ask your care provider a question, or you have some feedback to provide them, all you have to do is send them a quick message, which they can answer at their earliest convenience. Open communication with your virtual physical therapist is more likely to improve the quality of your care for both you and your care provider.
- No need for transportation — Don’t have your own car? Finding a ride to regular physical therapy sessions can be a hassle, but it doesn’t have to be. Thankfully, virtual PT is a care solution that can eliminate the need to find transportation altogether. All you need is an electronic device with video and audio capabilities and a reliable internet or cell service connection. Virtual PT is also a great option if you have a condition or injury that prevents you from leaving your home.
Why choose Agile Virtual Physical Therapy?
Agile Virtual Physical Therapy can offer more than 400 licensed clinicians. We’re committed to providing effective PT care through our telehealth platform. At Agile Virtual PT, we provide services in 45 U.S. states and free virtual screenings. For more information including our many partnerships, read here.
At Agile Virtual Physical Therapy, we have experienced professionals who are qualified to create a personalized plan with you containing at-home physical therapy exercises customized for your age and fitness level
Contact our team today for more information or to schedule an initial appointment.