If you need physical therapy for your aches and pains but are unable to travel to a clinic for in-person treatment, you can try virtual physical therapy. Virtual physical therapy is a service that enables you to connect with your physical therapist over a live, one-on-one video call. During these calls, your physical therapist can assess your condition, guide you through treatment and monitor your recovery progress.
If you’ve never done virtual physical therapy before or need a refresher, take a look below for some tips on how to prepare for your virtual physical therapy visits.
How to prepare for virtual physical therapy visits
- Check your internet connection — Check your modems and routers to make sure your internet and Wi-Fi are working correctly in advance of your treatment session. Check the device you plan on using for your session to make sure it’s connected.
- Make sure your device is charged — Make sure your laptop, tablet or smartphone that you’re using for your virtual physical therapy visit is charged or plugged in, so you don’t lose power in the middle of your session.
- Set up headset-free audio — Wearing a headset can be distracting, and the cables can even become a tripping hazard. Set up headset-free audio if possible, such as using a built-in microphone on a laptop or smartphone and using speakers instead of headphones.
- Clear up space — You’ll need some space to perform the stretches and exercises that may be part of your treatment. Remove clutter and other obstacles from the area that could become tripping hazards, including cables or loose rugs. Keep pets in another area so they do not distract you or become a tripping hazard.
- Dress comfortably — Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that enables you to move freely without restriction. Tight, restrictive clothing, such as jeans, can make it difficult to perform certain stretches or exercises. Gym shorts or sweatpants, a T-shirt and tennis shoes are good options.
- Bring a notebook — You may want a notebook and pen handy so you can write down your physical therapist’s instructions and keep track of any questions you may have.
- Bring water — Keep water handy so you can stay hydrated throughout your session.
Schedule your online physical therapy appointment with Agile Virtual PT today!
Are you tired of suffering from aches and pains when you’re unable to visit a physical therapist in person for treatment? It may be time to consider scheduling a physical therapy telehealth appointment through Agile Virtual PT.
Agile Virtual PT provides you with access to experienced, licensed physical therapists who can guide you through a personalized treatment plan for your needs. If you’re ready to give online physical therapy a shot, please contact us today for a free screening or to schedule an initial appointment.