I can’t shrug. I can’t lift my arm without a stab of pain. I have trouble sleeping on my back, and I feel pain between my shoulder blades. What can make people say such things? There are plenty of possibilities.
Shoulder pain is something that plenty of Americans are familiar with. Medical studies have shown that nearly 47% of people develop shoulder pain annually. Often, the pain that these people experience occurs between their shoulder blades. Virtual physical therapists are ready to help you address this type of shoulder pain.
Three things a virtual physical therapist can do to address pain between your shoulder blades
1. Identify the cause of your pain — Diagnosing the source of the pain between your shoulder blades correctly is critical. Why? Virtual physical therapy tends to work better when it’s treating the correct issue. Your virtual physical therapist will use a thorough movement screening to help pinpoint the source of your pain. Often, these screenings turn up issues like weak or injured shoulder blade muscles.
2. Help you exercise the pain away — Individualized exercise programs are an important virtual physical therapy tool. Your clinician can design a plan for you that includes therapeutic exercises intended to:
● Stretch pain and tension out of your shoulder blade muscles.
● Build up shoulder blade muscle strength.
● Realign your shoulder blade(s).
3. Keep future pain at bay — People who have gotten rid of their shoulder pain don’t want it to come back. Virtual physical therapists can help with that. They can identify posture problems that may allow your pain to return. Then, your virtual physical therapist can recommend specific ways to address these problems. An example of such a recommendation is urging you to get an ergonomic chair for your office. Adjusting your computer screen’s height might also be on the list.
Don’t deal with shoulder pain anymore when Agile Virtual PT can help you
Are you living with pain between your shoulder blades? You really don’t have to continue to do so. Instead, you can seek help from the clinicians at Agile Virtual Physical Therapy. Our clinicians are highly experienced and fully certified, and they’re ready to start helping you ease your pain with a free virtual screening. They can also build a treatment plan just for your condition and recovery goals.
Contact our team today for more information about our shoulder pain services or to schedule your initial appointment.