Doing physical therapy online offers you the excellent opportunity to do physical therapy from the comfort of your own home. However, if you’re new to online physical therapy, you may be wondering how to prepare for your first appointment.
Your treatment provider should include some instructions for how to prepare for your first appointment. However, if you’d like to know some more information ahead of time, take a look below for some general tips on how to prepare for your online physical therapy appointment.
Preparing for an online physical therapy appointment
- Dress comfortably — Your physical therapist may guide you through motions that require a wide range of movement. You will want to dress in comfortable, loose clothing that allows for adequate freedom of movement.
- Make sure you have plenty of space — Since you may need to perform motions that require a wide range of motion, you’ll also want to set up for your appointment in a room with plenty of space. Usually, the living room has enough space, but you may need to move your coffee table out of the way. Roughly 6 feet in diameter around you should be enough space for your routine.
- Remove clutter — It’s important to make sure your space is free of any objects that may cause you to trip or fall. Make sure stray cables are tucked out of the way. Roll back loose rugs out of the way too.
Additionally, if you have any pets, you may want to make sure they’re in a different space so they don’t trip or distract you.
- Check your connection — Make sure your device is connected to the internet and that your internet is working. If you have any connection issues, contact your internet provider or refer to your device’s manual for instruction on how to establish a connection.
- Check your devices — Make sure the device you’re using is charged or plugged in and that its camera is working properly. You should also check for updates and update it prior to your appointment to help avoid any automatic system updates that could trigger in the middle of your appointment.
Schedule your first online physical therapy appointment with Agile Virtual PT today!
Are you ready to get the treatment you need for your aches and pains from the comfort of your own home? Agile Virtual PT provides you with access to experienced, licensed physical therapists who can guide you through a personalized treatment plan for your needs. If you’re ready to give online physical therapy a shot, please contact us today for a free screening or to schedule an initial appointment.